Jennifer has extensive experience in traditional divorce litigation, and has managed cases involving the valuation of family businesses, and complex litigation combining both divorce and civil suits.
Jennifer also has extensive experience in traditional divorce litigation, and has managed cases involving the valuation of family businesses and law firm partnerships, paternity disputes, and complex litigation combining both divorce and civil suits. She has represented international clients with property division and custody issues at both the trial and appellate levels.
Jennifer taught high school biology in Middleburg, Virginia prior to attending law school. She served as a law clerk and then an Associate at the Law Offices of Betty A. Thompson before establishing MDMB in 2012. She currently resides in the Mount Vernon area of Alexandria.
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals
- D.C. Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Modification of Spousal Support: How Low Must a Payor Go? Family Law Quarterly, Fall 2015
- The Corroboration Conundrum: Why Does Virginia Require Corroboration of Divorce Grounds? Family Law Quarterly, Spring 2017
- The Role of the Mental Health Professional in Collaborative Divorce Creative Divorce Network, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America™: 2017 and 2018
- SuperLawyers® Rising Star: 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- AVVO Client’s Choice: 2017
- Top 40 Family Lawyer Under 40, American Society of Legal Advocates: 2016
- Top Lawyers in Virginia, The Legal Network: 2016
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.S.
Click on an attorney below to read more
Laura Dove has been a family law attorney since 2003, representing clients in complex cases, including equitable distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody, visitation and relocation.