Laura has been a family law attorney since 2003, representing clients in complex cases, including equitable distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody, visitation and relocation.
Laura has been a family law attorney since 2003, representing clients in complex cases, including equitable distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody, visitation and relocation. Her legal knowledge and experience spans a diverse range of family law issues, such as the valuation and distribution of business interests, military protective orders, military retirement benefits, family trusts, imputation of income to unemployed or underemployed individuals, allegations of spousal and child abuse, child custody evaluations and immigration issues.
Laura has a particular interest in international cases and has worked with clients from around the world, including, but not limited to, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, France, Ghana, Japan, Russia and Spain.
While she resolves the majority of her cases without resorting to court intervention, Laura has the courtroom skills necessary to ensure that her clients receive the highest level of representation when it is not possible to reach an amicable resolution.
In 2017 Laura was nominated and selected to serve a three year term as a member of the faculty of the Virginia State Bar’s Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course. Together with judges and other esteemed attorneys, Laura instructs newly licensed attorneys on the legal profession’s Rules of Professional Conduct.
Laura is also actively involved in the Arlington legal community and serves on the Arlington County Bar Foundation, where she has served as a leader and has been awarded the distinction of Foundation’s Finest since 2014. She also serves on the Safe Havens Advisory Board, a multi-disciplinary Advisory Board organized to administer a grant from the US Department of Justice, Office on Violence against Women to establish Arlington’s Safe Havens Supervised Visitation and Monitored Exchange Program.
In addition to her traditional legal experience, Laura is also trained in collaborative law.
- Partner, Mullett Dove Meacham & Bradley, PLLC
- Associate, Law Office of Betty A. Thompson
- Director, American Trucking Associate Political Action Committee
- Chief Clerk, U.S. Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Administrative Oversight and the Courts
- George Mason University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of Northern Iowa, Bachelor of Science
- United States Supreme Court (2017)
- Virginia (2003)
- Virginia State Bar
- Faculty, Harry L. Carrico Professionalism Course (2017-2020)
- Member, Family Law Section
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Family Law Section
- Arlington County Bar Association
- Appellate Law Updates CLE Speaker
- Arlington County Bar Foundation
- Chairman (2016-2017)
- Vice-Chairman (2015-2016)
- Board Member (2014 to present)
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Alexandria County Bar Association
- Vice Chairman of the Safe Havens Advisory Board
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Law Firms in America, Family Law - Tier 1
- Ten Leaders in Northern Virginia, Divorce Law Age 45 & Under
- Foundation’s Finest, Arlington County Bar Foundation
- Safe Havens Advisory Board
- Harrison v. Harrison, 58 Va. App. 90 (2011)
Click on an attorney below to read more
Laura Dove has been a family law attorney since 2003, representing clients in complex cases, including equitable distribution, spousal support, child support, child custody, visitation and relocation.